CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: CAMP
It is nearly summer—and all that we are dreaming of these days. So we’ve decided to dedicate this next issue to a favorite summer activity: camping. And we’d like to invite you to submit something! Deadline July 1st. Email your submission to womansinc [at] gmail.
CAMP things we’re thinking would be cool:
- Summer camp: crushes, sunburns, heat rashes, awkward moments (the kind of thing you would’ve submitted to Teen magazine), etc.
- Camp on TV or in movies (ahem)
- Camping: in tents, when it’s great, when it sucks, when you went with your parents and it was really so rad
- Camping as portrayed in a book or music video, like this Mariah Carey fave.
- GO CRAZYYY (somewhere within the realms of def.s 1&2)
Types of submissions we accept: pretty much everything
. Check out our site
to help imagination how your piece might look. Kinds of things you might think of doing:
- Jokes, knock-knock or not or whatever
- Personal Essays
- DIY projects
- Case studies
- So much more
is updated with whatever is inspiring us each issue, so follow us here or on Twitter
. For the uninitiated, WOMANZINE is a zine by women. It is always beautiful, sometimes absurd, and historically tongue-in-cheek. Our archives are available online
, if you’d like to familiarize yourself.